Wednesday, July 25, 2012

WOW It's Here

As I have begun my new position, time has really flown by.  As we have taken care of the normal summer time activities budget, maintenance, IT and just the way things operate at my new district and putting my stamp on how I wish things to go I was thinking the start of school was some time off.  As I was reading twitter and people talking about the start of school for 2012 I wondered what the rush was.

Then as I was scheduling a meeting I looked on my calendar and realized that the first of August is next week and I have my first meeting with our building principals a week from tomorrow.  I have met with a group of teachers already on academics for the district and how I see the educational process.  I have met with our principals at a summer conference so I have laid the groundwork for the upcoming year.  But the formal meeting is next Thursday when the nuts and bolts will happen, I'm sure glad I have been working on my presentation to them as the things occurred during the summer and using past meetings I have had in my previous district.  Thank heaven for google docs and Evernote.

I have gotten my presentation ready for my first meeting with the district staff and I'm sure I'll amend it some before the actual meeting occurs.  But I can tell you I'm JAZZED about it and can't wait.  I know that my philosophies will be a little different from what they are accustomed to and thats fine, the previous leadership at the district level was excellent here which has made the transition easy for me and for that I'm thankful.  But as we transition to a google app school, cloud computing as opposed to system operations and the overall use of technology in the classroom I am so excited to get started I can't wait.

Have a great 2012-2013 school year, It's Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment