Thursday, July 18, 2013

Maybe I Rushed to Judgment?

I'm a small town guy always have and always will be.  I just like the atmosphere of a small town and thats how I grew up.  In my home county there is not one stop light in the entire county and where I currently live there is not a stop light, I love that.  Now I do live seven miles north of a city that has state university but even when college is in session the population is only 25,000.

That's why ISTE was a bit overwhelming for me and I posted that in a previous blog.  I also stated that I was glad I went but doubted would ever go again, because it was just so big.  I think maybe my opinion may have been a bit premature.  I rushed to judgment, not a good thing.

As I have been able to reflect on my experience and read others reflections, what a great time I had.  The thing I really enjoyed was getting to meet so many people I consider "Rock Stars" in the education world.  Seeing many old friends and meeting new ones was special, after all we are in the people business and its the relationships we develop that makes this such a rewarding profession, whether its with students, staff, or online friends.

So I am re-evaluating my decision about ever attending again.  I doubt I make it to Atlanta but hope the one after that is within driving distance of Kansas.  I don't fly so distance is an issue, the clinical name for it is called "I'm a coward."  See you at some other point in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment