Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Well It Happened

Well Google Reader finally went away.  I'm very disappointed in this happening and posted several tweets going from begging to just being mad at Google.  I loved reader and have chosen Digg as its replacement but doubt if any will really take its place.

The frustrating part for me is we are becoming a GAFE school for the fall, we are rolling out Chromebooks to all our high school students this year and are very excited about the opportunities this presents.  But I have to wonder what Google will pull the plug on next and how will it effect our decision.  If Google didn't get the message from the enormous amount of tweets how people felt about Reader, then what makes me believe they will stay with all their education apps?

We are a small school and I know we can't compete with corporate America, but please Google don't make me regret going with GAFE, as I really do love your products and what you do.  Then again I loved Reader, too, and now its dead and gone.

1 comment:

  1. What Reader did you switch to since the demise of Reader? I am using Feedbly, but believe it will be more complicated to explain to teachers who are already using Google's Blogger. I am at @judyarzt on Twitter if you want to respond there.

    ReplyDelete